Saturday, October 19, 2013

Amazing friends


   Throughout one's life, there will be many friends to come and go.  Only a few will be blessed enough to have true friends that cross the line into chosen family.  Technically I may be an only child but I know what it feels like to have sisters.

   We lead such busy lives that it can be difficult, if not almost impossible, to stay involved with people outside our immediate family.  Somewhere in our hearts, the blessed know their friends will celebrate our accomplishments and grieve our sorrows. 

   Over the last five years, I've watched my friends get married, have a baby, marry off their daughter, have their children grow from barely old enough to start school to nearing adolescence, and finally retire.  In all those years, they always made sure that I felt a part of their lives.

   Since I was in elementary school, I've always wanted to be an author.  When I was younger, I was busy trying to be the best wife and mother I could possibly be.  A little over a year ago, I made the decision to do something just for me.  I can admit that at times it was selfish to spend so much energy on myself, but I needed to see if I could. 

   When I first started the book, I wanted to somehow share it with my friends. The best way I knew to include them was to write about them.  After all, the story was as much about them as it was me and actually all teachers that find the desire to get up every day and mold the future.  I exaggerated their quirkiness and poked fun of them but never in a malicious way.  To acknowledge their contribution and so everyone would know who they were, I thanked them in the front of the book.

   Last night, those same friends celebrated a major accomplishment in my life.  It was an unbelievable moment that I will forever remember.

   Thank you to my friends sisters.  I love you!



The most thoughtful gift.
Best Friends charm
A mouse (based on true story)
A heart for love of romance
Purple hearts for my class camp color
An apple for love of teaching
Pink stepping stones for my journey
Daisy for main character in next book (oops)




No comments:

Post a Comment