Saturday, October 12, 2013

Only 5 more days!

   It's hard to believe that release day is almost here.  This has been a dream of mine for so long that I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else.  I know everyone around me will be glad when Thursday is over because they're tired of hearing me ramble on.  Let me apologize in advance because for the next five days I'm going to talk excessively about Schooled. 
   I'm finally finished with book 3.  I'm going to read through it one more time this weekend and I hope to submit it on Monday.  I'd planned to take a few weeks off from writing but I don't think it's going to happen.  Book 4 ideas are bombarding me, and now the premise for book 5 has started to form.  Once I get all these characters in my head, they drive me crazy until I finish their book.  Maybe I shouldn't have said that because people might think I'm crazy.  Oh well, they've probably thought that for years.
  

Here's today's sneak peak of Schooled Book 1 in The Teacher Series.


“This is my police car, not my personal vehicle.  I spend a lot of time in this car and I end up eating most of my meals sitting in this very seat.  I don’t know the last time it was washed because it isn’t my job to wash the car.  I solve crimes for a living.  I’m not in charge of maintenance.  If it would make you feel better, I can ask my superior for the name of the person who’s responsible for the upkeep on the vehicles.  Maybe you can chew him out.”

“I certainly doubt the city would pay for a worker who only washed cars.  That would be a complete waste of public funds.  My guess is the rest of the police force takes pride in their vehicles and cleans them out once in a while.  Based on the condition of your car, I’m not confident you’re competent to solve this crime.”  Crossing her arms in front of her chest, she turned to the front of the car and ignored the detective.

Taking a deep breath, he dropped it in gear and backed out of the drive.  “My car may not win any beauty pageants, but it’s comfortable and functional.  That’s all that matters.  Would you please give me the address of where I can drop you?  I hope its close by.”

Now she’d done it.  For some unknown reason, she always rubbed people the wrong way.  She really didn’t try to piss people off but she just couldn’t control what flew out of her mouth.

 “They warned me that you were a handful but I had no idea,” the detective commented a short time later.  “And here’s a thought, how on earth can you be a teacher when your vocabulary would make a sailor blush?”


No comments:

Post a Comment